Posted: 15 Jul 2022 Contributor: Ghia Marnewick
50 Helpful Instagram Statistics That Marketers Must Know in 2023
In merely a decade, Instagram has managed to take over the world of social media. It's become one of the world's most-used apps, making it a staple in most marketing strategies.
Let’s take a look at some important Instagram statistics that we think you should know, and more importantly, show you how to promote your business on Instagram in 2023.
Instagram Marketing Facts
Instagram is the perfect channel to reach a huge audience given that the platform has more than one billion active users every month.
The average Instagram user spends 53 minutes a day on the platform, making it the second most visited social network after Facebook.
Instagram makes it easy to maintain relationships with customers and prospects. People love to connect brands through this network - 90% of users follow at least one business on Instagram.
Another important thing to consider is the marketing opportunities of Instagram. According to a Facebook study in 2019, 65% of respondents visited a brand's website or app after seeing it on Instagram.
Getting a large audience, who are active in the genre and want to buy from them, is the main advantage of Instagram marketing.
Marketing on Instagram
Instagram marketing is the use of photos and video content to sell a brand's products and services. It's also about knowing how to leverage brands or accounts that can help you promote and vice versa.
There are two common methods for Instagram marketing: you can pay, or you can use the free methods. Depending on how quickly you want results, you'll probably need to combine the two methods.
Free Instagram Marketing
So how do you go about promoting your account for free on Instagram? Here are a few ideas:
1. The Explore Page
Users discover new content and follow new accounts while browsing the Explore page, a list that is saved and updated instantly by the Instagram algorithm. This is where you find posts that are similar to the ones you publish or the ones you follow.
To appear here, you need to use the location tag on all posts and ensure that you use relevant hashtags in all posts. This will help the right audience find you with the least effort possible.
Another way to appear on the Explore page is to interact with your audience by reacting to or answering their questions. Or you can leave comments on other posts to increase your engagement rate on the app.
2. Tag popular brands/accounts in your IG stories
Chances are popular accounts will repost your article because user-generated content makes brands stand out more. This means that when they reshare your content, their audience gets to see it too and hopefully follow and engage with your page.
Paid Marketing on Instagram
If you have the budget, you can also implement these marketing strategies to get the desired results quickly.
1. Influencer marketing
You should not miss influencer marketing because, today, influencers can influence decisions about what people buy. Using creative content, influencers have become a go-to source for consumer information.
To utilize this, you need to find an influencer whose voice, story, or style matches yours. Then you can choose to 'sponsor' the content on their page by paying them per post or sending them merchandise or special offers. In return, they will tag your account, use your official hashtag, and tell thousands, sometimes even millions of their followers about you.
2. Support a giveaway or contest
Another way to promote your online presence is through contests, promotions, and giveaways. You can design your own campaign mechanics, but the easiest way to start a contest is to ask users to follow you and tag friends in the comments for a chance to win prizes.
Instagram statistics in 2023 you ought to know.
This topic is quite broad and could go on indefinitely. So, to keep things simple and share the most important information with you, we've broken it up into bite-sized chunks.
1. It's estimated that Instagram will reach 1.44 billion users by 2025.
2. Instagram has over 78 million monthly active app users.
3. 22% of marketers say that Instagram has the potential to grow in 2023 more than any other platform.
4. Instagram saw a 48% increase in ad reach from January 2020 to January 2022.
5. Almost a quarter of marketers (23%) predict that Instagram will provide the most powerful means to grow their audience in 2023.
6. Instagram is the most used platform for influencer marketing in the United States.
7. Marketers say Instagram is the social media they know how to use well.
8. It is estimated that there will be 143 million Instagram users in the United States in 2023.
9. India has 229 million Instagram users, the largest audience in the world.
10. In January 2022, Instagram is the fourth most popular social media platform in the world by the number of users.
11. On average, American adults spend 30.1 minutes per day on Instagram in 2022.
12. In February 2023, the most liked post on Instagram was a carousel of Argentine footballer Lionel Messi and his team celebrating the victory of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
13. Between January and June 2022, the fastest-growing content creator on Instagram is influencer Jorge Gomez, growing 573% in six months.
14. Besides his own Instagram account, the most followed Instagram account in January 2023 is professional soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo.
15. In May 2022, the Instagram account had 504.37 million followers.
16. More than half of the world's Instagram population is 34 or older.
17. As of January 2023, nearly 17% of Instagram users worldwide are men between the ages of 18 and 24.
18. Millennials chose Instagram as their favorite social media app of 2022.
19. Gen Zers also ranked Instagram as their favorite social media app in 2022.
20. TikTok and Instagram are the most used social media tools by Gen Z women.
21. In December 2022, 55% of Instagram users in the United States are female and 44% are male.
22. Only 7% of Instagram users in the US are in the 13-17 age bracket. 23. Only 4.7% of Instagram users in the US are over 65 years old.
23. 10.7 is the number of average hashtags
24. In 2022, 82% of Instagram users also use Facebook.
25. 47% of US Instagram users get more than 75,000 views per year.
26. Instagram users around the world spend an average of 11 hours per month on the Instagram app on Android phones. This number drops to 7 hours for US workers.
27. 72% of teenagers use Instagram and 57 million American teenagers say Instagram is their favorite social media platform.
28. More than 500 million accounts use Instagram Stories every day.
29. 35% of music listeners in the United States who follow artists on Facebook and Instagram do so to connect with other fans or feel part of the community.
30. The average user spends 30 minutes daily on the app.
31. 45% of Instagram users live in cities.
32. 72% of the retailers work with those who give them / creative and Instagram.
33. 29% of marketers plan to spend the most on Instagram of all social media platforms in 2023.
34. In terms of brand safety, 86% of marketers feel comfortable advertising on Instagram.
35. 53% of marketers say Instagram has a high ROI. Only 7% of marketers say Instagram has a low ROI.
36. 70% of shopaholics turn to Instagram to discover products.
37. Marketers saw the highest engagement rate on Instagram of any other platform in 2022.
38. 32% of marketers say that Instagram is the easiest platform to work with influencers and producers.
39. 1 in 4 marketing professionals say that Instagram produced the highest ROI of any platform in 2022.
40. 27% of marketers plan to use Instagram mainly for creators and influencers in 2023.
41. More than half of marketers plan to increase their income on Instagram in 2023.
42. 2022 had the highest engagement rates to date for user-generated content.
43. Only 8% of consumers plan to reduce their investment in Instagram in 2023.
44. 36% of marketers plan to use Instagram for the first time in 2023.
45. 90% of people on Instagram follow at least one business.
46. 50% of Instagram users are more interested in a brand when they see an ad for it on Instagram.
47. When it comes to sharing organic content, 27% of marketers say that Instagram provides the best ROI for this type of content.
48. 1 in 4 marketers say that Instagram offers the best advertising method.
49. Almost a quarter of marketers (23%) say that Instagram is the most effective platform for brands looking to create a social media strategy for the season first in 2023.
50. 46% of customers run an Instagram store. Of the marketers who operate an Instagram store, 50% report a high ROI.
With so many people looking, what are you waiting for?
The world is on Instagram, and so are your potential clients. It’s time to rethink the content you’re creating and build something that people will respond to. We know it can be a daunting task, but this is something our team of marketing experts loves to do.
So, why don’t you focus on doing business, and let Aumcore’s team of skilled professionals manage your Instagram marketing strategy?
This blog post is Last updated on Mar 3rd, 2023.