Posted: 07 Apr 2015 Contributor: Sushil Kumar
The Imminence Of Mobile And Its Effect On Your Business
- The use of mobile search has grown by 500 percent over the past two years.(Econsultancy)
- 82% of mobile shoppers use search to influence their purchasing decisions. (Google Online Shopper Study)
- Mobile currently has a U.S. market penetration of 72 percent and is expected to peak at 90 percent in 2016. (ComScore, StatCounter and Nielsen)
- Mobile spending, including mobile advertising, m-commerce, m-coupons, etc., will reach an estimated $250B in 2015. (PriceWaterhouseCooper)
This staggering data enforces the essential message that mobile has become a crucial component of marketers’ digital strategies and the explosion of mobile and local search has become a verifiable combustion engine for SEO. Now, more than ever, it is vital that the design of your website is both contextual and responsive, offering a smooth experience across all media devices.
So how is this accomplished?
SEO is a complex practice that requires training and experience to fully implement and mobile SEO requires the same. You can get started however, by following these simple suggestions:
- Ensure that your mobile site’s landing pages are optimized as per the visitors needs.
- The loading time of each page should take no longer than 3 seconds.
- Only use content that makes sense on the page and to the user.
- Utilize keywords effectively on the page (page title, description and copy content). The mobile device user will find their required information using those keywords.
Use social media plugins over the site pages to make them sharable on major social media platforms.
By applying these tips, you can begin to utilize simple mobile SEO strategies that can boost your digital presence.
There’s a lot more to mobile SEO however and for that, it’s advisable to seek the guidance of an experienced SEO and Digital Marketing team. Email us if you have questions or are unsure about the implementation of any of these important mobile SEO factors:
- How do traditional SEO and mobile SEO differ?
- Does desktop and mobile utilize the same algorithms?
- How will design, heading tags and copy content affect my ranking?
- Will my mobile site work seamlessly across multiple platforms?
The era of mobile is imminent and mobile strategy should be at the core of every company’s marketing initiatives. With the right knowledge, strategy and plan of action, your business can grow with the transforming market place, rather than ultimately be left behind.