Posted: 15 Nov 2019 Contributor: Therese Palmere
How to Use Facebook Insights Tools to Create Social Media Strategies in 2020
As of this year, there are over 247 million social media users in the United States and 3.5 billion social media users worldwide. Despite many naysayers, social media continues to grow, and according to Globalwebindex, each person spends an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes on social platforms or messaging sites daily. With so many people spending time in one place, it should come as no surprise that where there are users, there are advertisers! Social media marketing has taken on many different forms over the years. This practice changes and adapts to social media as social sites continue to build, grow, and expand to meet the ever-changing demands of their users.
A first choice for users and advertisers alike, Facebook is the most popular platform that started it all. There are 2.41 billion monthly active users on Facebook who continue to enjoy prank videos and cat memes on their newsfeed. There are also more than 6 million businesses using Facebook to reach their target audience, with 93% of social media advertisers using Facebook ads on a regular basis. This social platform may be the oldest in the game, but age has not shaken its relevance. Even when Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook would be changing its News Feed structure to appeal more to immediate friends and family, users applauded the change. Despite initial concerns for advertisers over the shift, Facebook continues to be one of the most lucrative social platforms for businesses to build their brand awareness and reach their user bases. In this blog post, we’ll go over how to use Facebook Insights tools to create social media strategies in 2020.
Facebook Insights Tools and Benefits
Facebook Insights tools offer many benefits to digital advertisers, such as helping them understand current marketing trends that users are actively responding to and engaging with in their specific industry. Insights tools also helps marketers and advertisers not only discover best practices to follow, but also help brands find new avenues to promote their business (nationally and internationally). If you’ve ever wondered, how do I create a social media marketing strategy that converts? Facebook Insights tools were created to help you. The Insights tools created by Facebook are audience insights, cross border insights finder, holiday season insights, and insights to go. These tools were quite literally created to help brands build their business by helping marketers create a winning Facebook advertising strategy that would result in real metrics your team can track.
How to Create Social Media Strategies Using Facebook Insights Tools in 2020
When it comes to crafting social media strategies using Facebook Insights tools it’s important to determine the objective you want to achieve through advertising. What are your goals? Choose from the following to help orient and direct your marketing strategy. Are you looking to: build brand awareness, promote your app, grow sales online, get more in-store visits, generate leads or retarget existing customers? Select one item from this list as the objective of your campaign. After you’ve chosen your objective, you can use Facebook Insights tools to help inform how you create your marketing campaign.
Below, we’ll go how to use Facebook Insights tools to inform your advertising strategy:
- Audience Insights - Audience Insights follows user attitudes by tracking their online behavior. Use this insight when you want to learn more about your target audience’s receptiveness to an advertisement you’re thinking about running. Their current habits and online behaviors can help predict the effectiveness of an advertisement. If it’s September, users may already by starting to purchase winter clothing, in which case, it would be a great idea to run a sale on those blue fluffy sweaters your team has in inventory. Insights could also show you that users are still very much purchasing fall items, in which case it would be a better idea to run a sale on your fall items and save the fluffy sweater sale for later on in the year.
- Cross Border Insights Finder - Cross Border Insights Finder allows you to explore new business ventures across the globe using Facebook’s campaign data. Use this when you’re looking to expand your brand’s horizons. Use your social media followers as an indication of where you should take your brand next. If you have a bunch of followers from a different region of the world, consider running an advertisement in that area.
- Holiday Season Insights - The holiday season isn’t only magical for consumers, it can be quite magical (and profitable) for businesses too. Facebook’s longest running and largest research studies have been centered around the holiday season. Your team can leverage this knowledge for your brand to know exactly who, what, where, when, and how to advertise for the upcoming holiday season.
- Insights to Go - How do I export data from Facebook Insights? Insights to Go are the bits and pieces of information that help keep you informed about your audience. Use this tool when you want to see statistics on your users. You can filter information based on region, industry, people, moments, campaigns, and even platforms. These stats can be shared on social media and in your team’s shared folders as well so everyone can be updated with your audience’s behaviors.
Through using Facebook advertising and Facebook Insights tools 5 Napkin Burger was able to increase their average sale amount by 20% and have a 10x return on ad spend. Other brands like Rana Furniture saw a 16% increase in their sales and 3.4x increase in their foot traffic. These two brands are just a couple of success stories that have come to fruition thanks to Facebook’s Insights and marketing tools.
Facebook Insights are extraordinary tools that will help brands communicate more effectively with their target audience. Hopefully, this blog post has answered the question of how to use Facebook Insights tools and given you examples of how your team can use it for your Facebook marketing strategy. To ensure your success, let’s go over the key takeaways of this blog one more time:
- Where there are users, there are advertisers — Facebook will continue to remain relevant as long as they continue to engage their user base, which means advertising on this social platform will also remain a key component to your digital strategy.
- Facebook Insights tools were created to empower marketers and advertisers by giving them the knowledge they need to create custom and tailored campaigns for their target audiences.
- Audience Insights help you understand user behavior and how you can leverage it for your business.
- Cross Border Insights Finder helps you go international audiences that also have potential in becoming paying customers.
- Holiday Season Insights helps you create perfect holiday campaigns through years of research and studies done during this season by Facebook’s team.
- Insights to Go are stats that your team can use to inform your team of the current digital landscape.